Monday, December 7, 2009

To sum it up...

When I first started this class, I have to admit that I as skeptical. I don't know why, because I liked you right off the bat, but I suppose I didn't think that the information that I would learn would be relevant. I was wrong! Not only is it relevant to my teaching career, but to my life outside of school and work as well. The other day my Mom was trying to figure out how to use Adobe Photoshop. I know that is not something we have looked at in this class, but I used some of the techniques that I learned on other programs to navigate it. I was able to solve her problem for her! I credit this class with giving me the skills to figure that type of thing out. I also really enjoyed the in class labs. It was very helpful to be able to work on assignments with you right there to answer questions. I also appreciated the level of commitment you showed us by always returning emails quickly...even on the weekend! It is obvious to me that you really care about our success. Thank you for that.
Ok, so you are making us say what we didn't like, otherwise I would not bring this up :) While I really enjoyed the Power Point that I did with Marolyn, I didn't like the other group work. I am not big on group work. I typically prefer to work on my own. I think that's just a personal preference, and I think I am in the minority in that respect. Nonetheless, it's the one thing I really didn't like.
All in all, I really liked this class and I learned a lot. Thank you for a great semester! Good luck with grad school and your new marriage : )

No comments:

Post a Comment