Friday, October 23, 2009

Now Presenting....

During the recent assignment where we had to work with a partner to present on a topic, I found myself learning more than I anticipated. First of all, I dread working in groups.I have had some really bad experiences with group members not doing their share, so I was skeptical. What I learned about working in groups, is that it can be really rewarding and fulfilling with the right partner!  I really enjoyed the sense of teamwork I got working with my partner, and it was so nice to have someone to check over my stuff and tell me when one of my ideas is not so great!  It was an awesome experience for me.
Also, I was surprised how much I learned from my actual research.  I thought I knew what I needed to know about blogs...I write one (besides this one) and I read them.  What else is there?  A whole lot apparently!! I never even realized how many ways both blogs and wikis can be used in the classroom.  What a nice option to have for things like posting materials, and getting the students involved in writing.  I'm glad I learned this, because otherwise I would have been missing out when I started teaching! 
I was disappointed when I found out that I would have to miss the other class presentations. (Really I was!) But I am grateful for the job aids.  They really helped me to get an idea of what I missed that night.  One thing that I found quite helpful was the idea of students teaching themselves through experience, which was presented in the job aid about Video Games in Education.  Before reading this, I would have said that there was no use for video games in the classroom, but the writers make some really great points!  Another idea that stuck with me was the idea that video game software can help students receive educational tools both in the classroom and at home!  I never thought of the crossover before.  Finally, as a future special needs teacher, I enjoyed reading about the Assistive Technology in Teaching.  I knew these things existed, but I didn't realize how many types of disability could be reached through Assistive Technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment